Saturday 4 August 2012

Control...

An old poem about losing control while trying to gain it...

Awake again
Under the faded moon
Under the deathly visions of misunderstanding eyes
Gently floating over the sweet scent of an ethereal nightmare

The mordant touch of emptiness once again clinches onto my skin
Taunts me as it slowly settles in
Tainting my hope with a bitter gnaw
Sealed wounds open to let out our sacred tears

Let these streams of silence caress my cheeks
Soon they'll turn into scarlett mirrors on my lips
I'll let each one whisper me their forgotten story
Let them fall freely as I watch their broken shadows hit the floor

I'll pretend that I dont see the reflection beside me
Paint the pain with my screams
Torture myself with the same thoughts of a diseased mind
Dream away the hollow fire burning inside....

What happened?
Did I go too far?
Have I lost myself?
I hate change!
I want stability!
I just wanted some control!
To feel 'whole'.....
Fill up my minds empty hole...

But the more I fed the pain
The more rapacious fear became
Thoughts couldnt slow down anymore
Hours of intrusive silence was all I had

I just wanted control...
And the price was my mortal soul......







No comments:

Post a Comment