Sunday 23 December 2012

Frames Of Escapism

He walks into the familiar room

Gaudy flashes of tired souls shift upon the floor

Dizzied from the sultry smell of cheap alcohol and illusioned dopamine

Complemented by a rowdy tune, making its way through the speakers to those heedless ears

Broken wine glasses lie on the ground

He watches,

As the dark liquid slowly makes little paths of its own

Through old boots and faded high heels

Lost in a parted dream to withhold...


Taking one more step,she dashes another mile

The slender lines of each lane merge with her seared panting

She battles with both hands of the clock

Desperate to reach the finishing line that constantly alters beneath the hazy horizon

Though medals of gold embrace her neck

She had never tasted victory on her deadend tongue

So she runs to find the true feeling of appreciation she devotedly needs...


He turns left,hoping to be right this time

Numbed shoulders head towards the freshly prosaic labyrinth

Frozen snares of broken mirrors haunt him once again

Virulent laughters come sliding from every crack

He knows they will stop soon

Yet what he fears is their echos clinging onto the silent circles under his eyes,

Darkened brutally by the lonely nights without dreams of amethyst to spare...


Her eyes adjust to the melanoid moonlight

Dried pupils search around the suffocating room

Blinds drawn shut

Limb bodies stacked every corner quietly rusting without a soul

Tall walls taste of their lost tears,kept hidden of shame

Another day chisled by their alienated ,tawny bones

Horrified by the scene,she tries to let out a bitter scream

Yet later she realises the glue of her own fears drying on her cracked lips...


Frames of escapism hammered on the wall

Around every corner of the street

Among the muddy footsteps on the snow

Was the winter so cold?

When did we become strangers to our own fingerprints?

When did we begin running away from the reflections inside?

Maybe, its time for a change...


Lets pour ourselves a glass of introspection

Get drunk by insight

Lets run with our eyes closed

Feel the wind on our hair,the warmth through our muscles

Lets look straight at the mirrors

Find the right way through the reflection as a whole,not the cracks

Without fear,lets open the blinds

Show the sunlight the beauty of our tears

Lets not hammer more frames,

But nails of hope instead...

6 comments:

  1. Some day, I hope I can be as profound as you. I'm serious. Wow.

    What intense imagery, and passionate, too. I love how you write. It's rather enigmatic---I'd enjoy you unveiling the meaning, the source for this poem. There's much packed in this poem. I imagine it comes from somewhere deep within you.

    It's gifted writing. Maybe you can teach me. :->

    My friend, I hope you have a delightful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind comment :)Though I definitely dont think its gifted writing,my poems need much more well thought out editing.

    You're right about how this poem comes from deep within myself.Thats usually the case in most of my poetry since writing is a sort of therapy I use on myself in order to sort out my emotions and understand whats behind them better,which is why I think my poems seem enigmatic,since I too am trying to understand what I mean behind the lines.

    It might sound weird,but this poem was originally inspired by a dream I had... But when I come to think of it,the scene I described at the fourth stanza is actually very familiar to me,since the withdrawal from both ones self and others by hiding behind a wall is also a form of escapism.Thats something I struggle with everyday.

    Thank you for reading this by the way,I realise its rather longer of an answer than I intended it to be :)

    Hope you've had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear,

    Your writing is excellent; it IS gifted. I could never understand why we wait until a person is dead and in a box before we tell them what we like about them. It doesn't do them any good, then.

    That's why I'm not reluctant to express the impression you make upon me, in your writings. I enjoy the fact that you are "present" with life. I appreciate your authenticity, the brutal honesty of your words.

    It's refreshing, the way you cut through artificiality. I value sincerity and being genuine, too. I'm thankful for the honesty in your replies.

    The good news is that we can find others, a select few, with whom we can be vulnerable and sincere. It requires character discernment, however. With them, I have greater chance at sorting out my feelings, in a safe environment with others who have the emotional and psychological distance. This allows me to have a more accurate perspective.

    I'm fortunate to have several wonderful friends. Then again, I'm older. (Although, I note that you are wise beyond your years.) Like wine, good friends take time to develop and become savory.

    Regarding your style, I like your "sense and sensibilities," again! Wishing you a terrific New Year! I hope to read a comment or two from you, over at my place.

    Someday, soon, I'll share with you a poem I've written. Thank you, for sharing your creativity with us, your guests.

    At my place, I've submitted four stories I've written. Three about Christmas and one about a cat. I'd be curious as to your reaction to my story about a dear, former friend, Alexander the Grey(t).


    I look forward to hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pablo,

      Again thank you for your lovely comment,it made me smile on a day I lacked one :)It means a lot to me that you actually take the time to read and comment on them.I'm glad that you value sincerity and genuinity too,these are two of those terms where one can easily speak about but not so easily incorporate into his/her life.

      You are right about how we can find others that we can trust and confide to in a safe environment for both ours and theirs personal space,resulting with a more accurate perspective towards our emotions and thoughts.You are fortunate to have friends like that :) I guess I too do have those kind of people around me,but I feel so awkward opening up to someone without the filters...I've just always been the one who listens,not the one who talks...

      I'm looking forward to read your poems and I will gladly read the stories you've shared at your blog :)

      Hope you'll have a happy new year!


      Delete
  4. Dear Broken,

    What a pleasant New Year surprise. It was great having you drop by my place and your encouraging comments!

    Intimacy is difficult, I agree with you: we may even face rejection. But, that is also what makes it so valuable, when we discover we can have it with an emotionally healthy, uplifting friend.

    My friend, it's important to have your needs met, too. What works for me is to throw out chicken feed. What's that, you ask?

    It's throwing out some thoughts and seeing how the other person responds. If it is positive, I'll throw out more to that person. If I want to be certain, I may do this a third and fourth time. If I see the other person is responsive, positive, caring and supportive, then I might through out a meatier comment, that's more vulnerable.

    Vulnerability is what makes a relationship rich.

    Thank you for making my day by visiting the inn. I'm glad you liked the story about my dear former friend, Alexander. I'm thankful he made my life richer, when he was in it.

    Would it be possible for you to drop a note at my e-mail address? It may be more convenient than using the comments section of our blogs. My e-mail address is pfnts@netscape.net. It's just a request.

    Wishing you a great, blessed, happy, fulfilling and best year of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pablo,

    I'm happy to know that you appreciate my comments:)Your story about Alexander was very touching to me.

    I actually really like that idea about throwing chicken feed.It prevents rejection as well as being hurt by ones own vulnerability.It's worth a try :)

    Yes, using e-mail seems more rational than using the comments sections here.I'll send a note to you from there.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete