Wednesday 25 January 2012

Remembering....

Recently I have been thinking about how time passes by so quickly and yet I seem to stay at the same spot throughout every minute ticking along and how I just stand there counting the seconds as they pass me by...But then I remembered how time used to feel like an eternity,how seconds  were minutes and minutes were hours...each one was to be savoured for every new day shining upon me was another opportunity for discovering,researching,inventing,imagining and enjoying....As childhood memories wrapped themselves around my thoughts,I asked myself,what changed?,Whats the reason to this 'emptiness'?,is this 'growing up'?.....I used to think that meant I could stay up until late hours,it meant that I could buy and eat as many sweets as I wanted,it meant I would be tall,it meant I could drive a car,it meant I could go on the big rollercoaster rides,it meant I could wear makeup and high heels....it meant.....freedom.But then i guess,freedom meant responsibility and with that came stress which changed my interpretation of time.There was too much to do and yet too little time.Every new day became another chain to the same routine,slowly building an iron rope around my neck.By time I got used to it and like a puppet,I followed the same routine,the same acts controlled by social norms and rules.But putting everything aside,I wasnt lonely,isnt this how we all feel from time to time? like every today is a reenactment of yesterday? But it doesnt have to be.What we should all see is that we have forgotten how to 'imagine' and 'dream'.I realised that the lack these two terms were the emptiness,they were the abilities that I had as a child which made time 'worthwhile' and that time, was my 'forgotten eternity'.So, in the end I think we should take childeren as an example and dream,imagine,think,reflect and finally do (which was the freedom we lacked as a child) in order to create change and actually make use of the time we have. We should 'remember'......



3 comments:

  1. Kanka algıladığım kadarıyla çok güzel yazmışsın ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saol canım :) Kendi çapımda takılıyorum işte böyle...:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with this.I've felt this well.

    ReplyDelete